Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Grandad

Harry Fred Tibbals Jr.

Aug. 2, 1918-Oct. 16, 2006


Today is my grandfather's birthday. He would have turned 93 today. To sum him up....giver! He was the most joyful and generous giver! Not just to us, his family, but to those he never met as well! There are numerous times that I can think of or have heard from family members of people coming up to us saying, "Hey, I was helped by your grandfather when I was in need. " or "Your grandparents were the reason I was able to go to college." He loved blessing people so much! One memory that I will always have is when he would randomly "slip" us, his grandkids, some cash when you were leaving after a visit with him. He would try and be sly about it by sliding a bill in your purse or shirt pocket. Or like one time, in college, he and Nan were singing with their church choir in my college town and I went to go hear them. Well they brought me a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper and he slipped a hundred dollar bill in the top of the container for me...just because he loved to bless the people he loved!! And he love to bless the people he didn't know! I remember him as being such a sensitive man. I don't know if he was always that way or if it was something that increased as he got older, but he would always have a tear in his eye when he would tell us he loved us and how proud he was of us. He and my grandmother were married for 68 years and showed our whole family what a godly marriage looks like. I am so blessed to have had him in my life and so thankful that he was my grandfather!

No comments:

Post a Comment